Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish People I'd Like To Meet (My Favorite Authors List)
This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is to list something related to "Bookish People I'd Like To Meet." Of course there are a million fictional possibilities but I thought I'd list my favorite authors (those living!) that I'd love to meet if I could. What authors would you like to meet if you had the chance?
1. Anne Perry- The queen of historical mysteries set in the Victorian Era.
2. Diana Gabaldon- My favorite time travel author.
3. Ben Kane- Great author of historical fiction set in Ancient Rome, Medieval England, and now the Napoleonic Era with his upcoming novel.
4. Verity Bright- This is actually a husband and wife couple who write the cute Eleanor Swift mysteries.
5. Janette Oak- Much loved writer of Christian fiction. She has written a huge, inspirational volume of stories.
6. John Jakes- My go to author for Civil War and founding of America fiction series.
7. Michael Phillips- His Christian Stonewycke series really influenced me as a teen. Wonderful stories I'd like to read again someday.
8. Martha Keyes- New author writing fun, wholesome Regency romances and Scottish highlands sagas.
9. Alison Weir- Fabulous non-fiction writer whose brain I'd love to pick about how to research material. She is amazing with all the tidbits she finds.
10. Dan Jones- My other favorite non-fiction author who I've listened to on a podcast and found he had some great stories and insights to go along with his research.
I’d love to meet Diana Gabaldon too. RegineReplyDelete
I hope you’ll get to meet all of them someday!ReplyDelete
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-people-id-like-to-meet/
It's exciting to meet favorite authors. I hope you get the chance to meet one of these authors in the future.ReplyDelete
I've been very lucky to meet a lot of authors over the years but there are still a few I'd love to meet, some more likely than others: I'd really love to meet Rick Riordan as I'm a massive Percy Jackson fan but he never tours outside the US (and in fact, I'm not really sure if he tours anymore) so that's incredibly unlikely. Some others I'd like to meet that may or may not ever happen: Amanda Foody, Stephanie Garber, Roshani Chokshi, SA Chakraborty, Ruta Sepetys, Kate Quinn and Madeline Martin.ReplyDelete
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/03/07/top-ten-tuesday-410/
I haven't heard of most of these authors, but I hope you do get to meet them someday!ReplyDelete
I'm afraid that in reality, I'd be too intimidated to ACTUALLY meet an author, but fantasizing about it works for me. I have a mix of authors & characters on my list.ReplyDelete
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
So true Terrie....I think I'd be too excited to remember what to ask!Delete
Fun list! I have not read Janette Oke in years. She was one of the authors I first read under the Christian Fiction genre.ReplyDelete
Me too Cindy, and Michael Phillips too! Such wonderful stories :)Delete